Monday, August 6, 2007

My Haunted Ouija Experience

I have always been interested in the paranormal and would play silly games with my friends like “if you are here, knock once,” etc, but it started to get serious when at the age of about 13 we started dabbling in the art of Ouija boards.

We “played” the Ouija board around three times a day for about three months and realized we had gotten addicted. It was like we were drawn to the suspense of it all. A lot of interesting, scary things happened during that time, and every day I think about it, but one in particular stands out.

There were three of us with our fingers on the glass. We asked to get in contact with any spirit, and we did! Her name was apparently Frankie Huggins. We got in contact with her a lot, and we would talk to her like a normal person. When we asked her how she died, and she replied, “Murdered.”

When we finally asked her where she “lived,” to our surprise it was in the same town as us, in fact about three minutes away. We were shocked and scared, but we had to investigate. We asked her whereabouts, and she told us the name of a road. We knew this road very well because we hung out there with friends often (which was suspicious).

We then asked her more specific questions like how many houses down, what number, colors, etc. She told us straight away with no hesitation. We wrote it all down and continued our journey to the street where she apparently was. To our surprise the information she gave us was correct, even to the door number. It was dark by now, so we were a little afraid, but she was our friend, so we had nothing to worry about, right?

We stood outside the house and said, “If you are there, then give us a sign.” To our horror, the downstairs curtain pulled back. We were young and stupid, so we ran as fast as we could across the green outside her house, but plucked up the courage to go back.

Nervously we approached the fence. The apparition was upstairs now. From behind the net curtains we saw a black figure waving at us very slowly. Again we ran as fast as we could. After a while we went back to my house and set up the Ouija board again. When we got in contact with Frankie, we asked her if she saw us, and she replied with a “yes.”

After a few more weeks we started “playing” the Ouija board less and less. Once we had stopped, completely strange things started happening in my own house, in my own bedroom. At night when I would be trying to get to sleep, I would hear someone dragging their feet across my carpet. That would last for hours sometimes. I would be so scared that I would just freeze, and I felt that if I opened my eyes, I would see something that would terrify me half to death.

Other times I would see the upstairs hall light go on and off through the window above my door. I would also hear someone walk along the corridor, into the bathroom, shake the mirror (which was on the other side of my bedroom wall), and we would hear the light go on and off.

One time, a couple of friends and I were sitting on my bed, when we heard a knock at my door. All of a sudden my bedroom went freezing cold, and shivers ran up and down our spines. Whatever was in there at the time was pure evil. We could all feel it. It only lasted for a few seconds then went away. Other times I would lie there and feel warm, comforted and safe.

This is what led me to believe I had let more than one spirit out of the board. This scared me so much that at night I would not be able to sleep unless the telly, radio and light were on. This continued for a few months, but I got used to it. It slowly died down and went away.

To this day I do not know if what happened over that period of time was just my imagination or if my house was really haunted with evil and good spirits.

Was this the punishment for me stopping the Ouija board? I will never know ... unless I ask the board!

Technorati Profile